The Missouri Landscape and Nursery Association enhances the success of its members through knowledge, advocacy, and promotion of the green industry. Founded in 1921, it is to be the preeminent green industry organization that provides education, network opportunities and communication for its members while promoting professionalism, integrity, environmental stewardship and a positive image to the general public.
MLNA's goal is to cultivate acquaintanceship among members to foster and promote the greater use of environmentally friendly nursery products while engaging in activities which will enhance the economic progress of the industry and make the public aware of such activities.
MLNA is working to provide educational opportunities to our members and to the public when appropriate including the support of horticultural research. MLNA's goal is to increase communication about legislation affecting the nursery industry and encourages active participation of our members.
MLNA Promotes lawful and fair trade practices and the improvement of standardize nursery products.
OUR CORE BELIEFS
MLNA represents horticultural businesses in Missouri and the companies that supply them. Our programs, products, services and philosophy are based on our beliefs that:
- The horticultural industry is vital to the economy, environment and the quality of life in Missouri, its communities, and its citizens.
- The horticultural industry seeks to enhance the beauty of public and private spaces and be a good steward of our environment.
- The landscape and nursery industry is a complex and multi-faceted one with diverse needs and resources that are maximized when businesses work together.
- Horticultural businesses should be led and managed by skilled and knowledgeable landscape and nursery professionals.
- Horticultural professionals need lifelong learning and exposure to new ideas to thrive in today's competitive business environment.
- Our customers value high quality horticultural products and services and seek to be knowledgeable about them.
- Our businesses must be successful in order to be responsive to our customers.
To that end we will work together to:
- Cultivate acquaintanceship among members
- Foster and promote the greater use of environmentally friendly nursery products
- Engage in activities which will enhance the economic progress of the industry and make the public aware of such activities
- Provide educational opportunities to members and to the public when appropriate
- Support horticultural research
- Increase communication about legislation affecting the nursery industry and encourage active participation of our members
- Promote lawful and fair trade practices
- Improve and standardize nursery products
The association developed, designed and administers the Missouri Certified Nursery Landscape Professional program. Currently being reviewed and updated to better assist the professional under review, this certification is based on practical experience, a test administered by the association, and a commitment to continuing education. MLNA also provides information via this website and the membership directory.